Ideal for gap year Students
Who Want to improve their English with some volunteering or work experience or just want to find out more about South Africa by teaching and speaking English.
SPEND TIME IN SOUTH AFRICA. Learn! Hike! Experience! Explore!
This programme is for applicants who wish to experience a “holiday of a lifetime” and have the time to dedicate from 2 to 12 months living in South Africa, with a South African, English speaking family
You will live with a carefully selected Host Family. The main difference between our language homestay programme and a volunteering/work experience programme is that you, the applicant, do not have to do any babysitting jobs or housework but will be working in an English speaking environment. You will chat to your Host family before you leave and find out all about them and the area you will be staying in. Most of our host families have children or young adults, but some are just couples or even, in the city centre, we have single ladies who have retired from working life and enjoy the company..
What is included for applicants;
- Friendly South African host family who will provide a single room and full board.
- Five hours English Conversation class weekly which is provided locally.
- Every month we arrange outdoor culture activity.
- Services of our local Co Ordinator who will check in with you and ensure all is good
- Meet and Greet at the Airport on arrival and departure
Watch a quick Aerial Tour of Cape Town, South Africa
Our focus also enables us to provide customised, 1:1 personal private English lessons that suit your needs before the start of your Work experience/Volunteering should you wish.
Our focus in South Africa is aimed at giving back to less advantaged individuals. This can be by working in the following areas.
- Conservation – both Marine and on the land
- Teaching English to Juniors who are Xhosa speakers
- Sports Assistant at both Junior and Senior High Schools
- Working in Animal relief and rescue Centres
- Cheetah Sanctuary
- Volunteering in the Kitchens of local Townships to provide a hot meal to children each day
The above programmes are available for up to 90 days at various times throughout the year. Contact us now for further details, including, should you wish, our pre entry English Language Training Courses to prepare you for your first day at work in South Africa.
With English Language teachers and friendly host families the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Malaysia and South Africa we can offer every student, on a short or long stay, an exciting, fun and enlightening experience in their language homestay.
Contact us now
to learn more about our Internships in the UK and South Africa