For an exciting and challenging new career in the UK or abroad, our TEFL course will give you all the skills to pursue a new career as an English language tutor to Foreign Students. Our Celta qualified TEFL tutors will support you throughout the programme giving you all the tools you will need to become a successful tutor.
Earn regular UK income or work abroad. After successful completion of our TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language) course at our Brighton language centre, you will have gained the skills and confidence to be able to tutor foreign students in your own home with English Language Homestays. After successful completion of our TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language) course at our Brighton language centre, you will have gained the skills and confidence to be able to tutor foreign students in your own home with English Language Homestays
- An introduction to TEFL: further development, career opportunities and resources
- Learning styles, motivation and levels
- Foreign language lesson; an invaluable insight into the challenges facing your learners
- The balanced approach to language teaching
- Lesson planning
- Language systems and introducing new language
- Teaching techniques and classroom activities
- Productive skills; writing and speaking
- Presenting vocabulary and essential grammar
- Phonology and phonetics: stress, intonation, rhythm, pronunciation
- Reading and listening
- Classroom management
- Recommendation of Teaching Resources
ONLINE COURSE CONTENT
- The distance learning component will give you a wider perspective on the evolution of the English language, and the development of teaching methodologies.
- Reinforcement and points of reference from classroom based learning.
Exercises, resources and self-evaluation tasks.
- Five assessed assignments.
- Optional assignments for assessment.
Final assessment is based on assignments and observed teaching practice with both written assignments and observed teaching practice counting towards your final grade.
The TEFL English programme price is £245 which includes 2 day training course and online assessments.