Aviation English for Cabin Crew
This Course is ideal for:
Students who wish to improve their English language skills and proficiency within an aviation environment in order to
- Apply for the role of Cabin Crew with an airline
- Prepare for a career as a Cabin Crew member
- Attend a UK CAA/EASA Attestation for Initial Cabin Crew Training Course conducted in English here in the UK
- Improve their career prospects as a current aviation professional,
This intensive course has been designed to give students the essential language skills required by the Airlines not only in this key customer-service role, but also primarily in the role of safety officer on board the aircraft.
- To assist students to maximise their chances of success by achieving a good level of English language proficiency to enhance their employment prospects globally, and/or before starting their Initial Cabin Crew Training Course.
- To focus on the development of the necessary core language skills and vocabulary required within a variety of aviation, cabin safety and cabin service contexts.
Aims of the Course:
Students attending this intensive course will be able to:
- Practice and improve on the key language skills required within a Cabin Crew training environment, with a particular focus on their speaking, pronunciation and listening skills.
- Use and understand a wide range of Cabin Safety and Cabin Service vocabulary and terminology used within the context of initial training and on board the aircraft.
- Develop the communicative language skills necessary to interact effectively not only with their training course Instructors, but also with Passengers, Flight Crew, Ground Staff and Crew Report Personnel
The course content is essentially based on the English language skills required in key aspects of the UK CAA/EASA Attestation of Initial Cabin Crew Training syllabus, notably:
- Aviation Regulations & Passenger Handling
- Cabin Service
- Human Factors & Crew Resource Management (CRM)
- Safety Equipment & Emergency Procedures (SEP)
- Aviation Medical First Aid
- Aviation Security & Dangerous Goods
This course is primarily classroom-based with the opportunity for students to practice their language skills in an aircraft cabin simulator based at Shoreham Airport.
Possible visit to the Virgin Atlantic Cabin Safety Training Centre at Gatwick Airport
The ELH Aviation English for Cabin Crew Course has been designed and structured to ensure that our students make the maximum progress throughout the course. A range of Aviation English course books, together with authentic cabin crew training materials reflecting best practice in the industry, are used.
- Qualified and experienced Aviation English Teachers with extensive classroom-based teaching expertise
- Native English speakers with wide-ranging aviation industry experience
- Renowned for their highly communicative and integrated skills approach to teaching Aviation English to professional aviation personnel
Entry Requirements: All students must have a minimum level of English language competence compatible with either of the following:
- Intermediate/Level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference Languages (CEFR)
- IELTS score 5.5
Day 1: First aid training a.m. CV writing p.m.
Day 2: English lessons all day
Day 3: English lessons all day
Day 4: English lesson all day
Day 5: Dress to impress. Guest speaker. Interview training a.m. Last chance to clarify issues and go back over main points p.m.
Course Location: Shoreham by Sea, Brighton City Airport
Course Fees: Contact us
Certificate of Training: Course Certificate
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes