Learning English can be a fun and fulfilling experience which is not just reserved for the younger generation. We run English courses, from beginner to intermediate levels, specifically for the over 55’s that combine learning with short breaks in the UK or South Africa. An English language homestay offers you the chance to take English lessons and practice in an informal friendly environment and experience different cultures and locations.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- People who want to improve their English
- Those looking to experience the English (or South African) way of life
- Those looking to explore the countryside and scenery while improving their English language knowledge
English language homestays for those aged 55 Plus
If you want a new challenge then enroll on one of our English language homestays and discover the fun of learning English all over again. It’s also an ideal opportunity to:
- Visit England for a stimulating and meaningful short break in your tutors home (an English homestay)
- Refresh and improve your command of English or give you a great start
- Immerse yourself in the British lifestyle, country and culture by living and learning with your tutor in their home
- Visit places in England that are historic and of interest to you. Should there be places you wish to visit and talk about in your English lessons, this also can be arranged.
TUTORS OF SIMILAR AGES
We find our mature students prefer to learn with a tutor of a similar age and interests, so wherever possible, we try to match you to a tutor that achieves this. As a homestay student you will be staying in your tutors home and after lessons you will have the opportunity to continue to practice your English over meals or an afternoon walk.
CULTURE AND LEARNING
For those looking for something a little different, we offer an English Homestay Plus Culture programme. This includes a General 15 hour English programme with 4 guaranteed visits to local places of interest depending on the area you choose. A suggested Programme for Sussex on our English plus Culture would be:
- 1 week, 15 hours of English Tuition per week taken in the mornings (20 hour courses also available)
- Afternoon visits: Local Orientation on first afternoon. After the first day visits to Brighton Pavilion and Museum, Arundel Castle, Hastings Castle and Caves, Weald and Downland Museum.
- English Learning PLUS GOLF in Scotland and South Africa – for keen golfers we are able to offer a dedicated English Language Golf Package in either Scotland or South Africa.
A typical golf programme in South African would be as follows:
Staying at Hermanus in South Africa, after a leisurely breakfast, you will then participate in your English course of agreed lessons (15 or 20 hours per week). Lunch is spent pleasantly with your tutor and afterwards you will either enjoy an informal afternoon with them or take part in your round of Golf. Golf can be played on 2 or 3 afternoons in addition to your excursions with your tutor. If you stay at Hermanus in South Africa, your accommodation could be a Guest House adjacent to the Golf Course or with a tutor locally who will also participate in the Golf, should you wish. Your last day will be spent enjoying the many places of Interest in Cape Town City before catching your plane home.
One to one or two to one ?
You can come alone or with a friend or brother or sister on a two to one package where both students stay with the same tutor and share the English lessons and activities.
English for Families Course Fees 2018 – All inclusive price
|With Host Tutor – 15 hours||1 week|
|One Person / week / Minimum 3 people||£350|
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration From 15 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes