English Language Course for Seniors ( 55+)
If you have more time to enjoy learning new languages now then try our new Language Course, especially for mature students. This is a course ideally suited for senior participants and students 55 years of age and above with an interest in both culture and English learning– A true Social programme with your English Course
Learning English can be a fun and fulfilling experience which is not just reserved for the younger generation. We run English courses, from beginner to intermediate levels, specifically for the over 55’s that combine learning with short breaks in the UK or South Africa. An English language homestay can offer you the chance to take English lessons and practice in an informal friendly environment and experience different cultures and locations.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Mature older students, aged 55 and over, who wish to improve their English
- Those looking to experience the English and/or South African way of life
- Those looking to explore the countryside and scenery while improving their English language knowledge.
- A full cultural experience, second to none alongside your English Course.
- Experience the local culture alongside a quality & experienced Host Tutor and their family who will help you enjoy and benefit from your English language homestay – 55 plus course
So, if you want a new challenge then enrol on one of our English language programmes and discover the fun of learning English all over again. The Course delivers 20 hours of English a week. Fifteen hours in a formal environment and five hours of informal conversation delivered whilst out with your Tutor, over dinner or maybe enjoying an evening drink at a traditional English pub.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE COURSE FOR SENIORS INCLUDES:
If you want a new challenge then enrol on one of our English language homestays and discover the fun of learning English all over again. It’s also an ideal opportunity to:
- Visit England or Cape Town for a stimulating and meaningful short break in your tutors home (a true English homestay)
- Refresh and improve your command of English or get you off to a great start
- Immerse yourself in the lifestyle of your chosen country and culture by living and learning with your tutor in their home
- Visit places in England or around The Cape of South Africa that are historic and of interest to you. Should there be places you wish to visit and talk about in your English lessons, this can also be arranged.
- And don’t forget, lessons are all Units of 60 minutes, not 45 minutes!
TUTORS OF SIMILAR AGES
We find our mature students prefer to learn with a tutor of similar age with similar interests, so wherever possible, we try to match you to a tutor that achieves this. As a homestay student you will be staying in your tutors home and after lessons you will have the opportunity to continue to practice your English over meals or an afternoon walk.
For those looking for something a little different, we offer an English Homestay Plus Culture programme. The benefit of this type of course over the typical and more known Language School Course is that the lessons are all bespoke/a la carte and tailor-made to your particular requirement. So you will not have to learn what you already know alongside students of another level.
CULTURE AND LEARNING
For those looking for something a little different, we offer an English Homestay Plus Culture programme. This includes a General 15 hour English programme with 4 guaranteed visits to local places of interest depending on the area you choose. A suggested Programme for Sussex on our English plus Culture would be:
- This includes a General 15 hour per week English programme with 4 guaranteed visits to local places of interest depending on the area you choose. For example, a suggested Programme for Sussex on our English plus Culture programme would be:
- 1 week, 20 hours of English Tuition per week taken in the mornings
- 15 hours of formal lessons plus 5 hours of informal conversation a week
- Afternoon visits on two occasions a week. Local Orientation on the first afternoon. After the first day visits to local places of interest and culture will be arranged and discussed with your Host Tutor for your continued cultural experience.
ONE TO ONE OR TWO TO ONE?
- You can come alone or with a friend; your husband; wife; brother or sister
- The two-to-one package is where both students stay with the same tutor and share the English lessons and activities
CONTACT OFFICE FOR COURSE FEES
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration From 15 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes